During the episode, Kristy and Bryce give us a better understanding of the benefits provided by doing both the FIRE movement and the Nomad movement. They share their own experiences and learning while on their nomad journey. They also share a ton of powerful points about becoming financially free and finding true happiness.
Listen to episode 242 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 242 Show Notes
- Website: Millennial-Revolution.com
- Book: Quit Like a Millionaire
- Conference: NomadSummit.com
- Youtube: Youtube.com/NomadSummit
- Global Pass: Coworker.com/Pass
- 02:23 – “It’s more about how to turn your money into a passive income stream” - Bryce Leung
- 02:29 – What does passive income mean?
- 03:36 – How they started the FIRE and Nomad Movement
- 11:42 – How much is needed to become financially independent?
- 12:35 – Advantages of combining both FIRE and Nomad Movement
- 16:04 – “You don’t need to start your own online business to become a digital nomad” - Bryce Leung
- 17:20 – Enjoying your life NOW
- 18:54 – “Now that we actually live this life, traveling the world, our health improved dramatically” – Kristy Shen
- 21:17 – Expenses in Toronto vs. Chiang Mai
- 22:42 – The downside of owning so much stuff
- 23:28 – “You don’t need to own a lot of things to be happy; it’s the experience that makes you happy” – Kristy Shen
- 33:15 – Why is it advisable to travel light?
- 38:08 – What can the FIRE community learn from the nomad community?
- 52:34 – Discovering Georgia
- 54:26 – What can the nomad community learn from the FIRE community?
- 54:28 – “It’s not enough to earn money; you have to have a strategy on what to do about it” - Bryce Leung
- 1:03:21 – The Immigrant Rebound Effect
- 1:08:30 – What is the recipe for happiness?
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends?