This episode is with Kristin Wilson on the topic of why some digital nomads are coping better during this quarantine than many people.
We discuss the following topics:
- Daily life hasn’t changed much for us in many ways.
- Familiar with uncertainty and discomfort. (also just not having access to certain things)
- Minimalist lifestyle and low cost-of-living
- Multiple revenue streams
- Personal identity not tied to a job or company
- Comfortable using remote collaboration tools
- Pre-existing focus on mindset and mental health
- Less familial pressures at home
- Part of a global community
- Reality Check for many so called digital nomads.
We talk about why many digital nomads (not all, but many) are doing well and coping under quarantine better than the average person who came from a normal life and a 9-5 job. We also talk about how we can help those who aren't coping well or are having distress during this time.
Listen to episode 246 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.