Josh Summers is an American writer, musician, and entrepreneur in Chiang Mai. He grew up in Texas, but moved to Xinjiang, China, to learn about their culture and teach English. After staying there for a couple of years, he realized that the world must know the beauty of Western China.
On this episode, Josh exhibited his potential to grow in the process of learning. He shared his passion in traveling with his family and the bliss of sharing his view of an underrated place through mass media. On top of that, Josh delivers his ideas about running a business venture abroad and learning from his experience. This episode will suit entrepreneurs seeking social media business while traveling.
Listen to episode 239 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 239 Show Notes
- 00:49 - Who is Josh Summers?
- 05:38 - How having a family changed his life
- 16:00 – Investing in Real Estate while traveling
- 20:53 - Why is Texas the best state in the U.S.?
- 27:18 - Life with his wife abroad
- 31:30 - “When you know the people, you got your shops and they know exactly what you order, then it just becomes a second home” - Josh Summers
- 32:02 - How his blogging journey started
- 36:37 - “Somebody else is benefiting from seeing the world from my perspective and we’re at this seeming place” - Josh Summers
- 36:52 – Internet status in China
- 49:07 - Business venture through social media
- 56:05 – The key to his financial success
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends!