On this episode, Brent and Michael share their experiences as a gay couple in the nomad community. They reveal other people’s consciousness and perception towards the LGBT. After travelling for over 20 years, they have gathered tons of ideas on how to fully enjoy a digital nomad life – and they are here to share those insights to all the listeners!
Listen to episode 232 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 232 Show Notes
- Blog - BrentandMichaelaregoingplaces.com
- Hotel Hack - https://www.pruvo.net/?partnerId=257
- 02:41 – What is the LGBT perception in the digital nomad community?
- 05:46 – Their nomad journey as a gay couple
- 06:45 – “The world isn’t the scary place that I thought it was.” - Brent and Michael
- 09:10 – Building a nomad family with other nomads
- 14:48 – Why they prefer slow travel?
- 20:30 – Disadvantages of fast travel
- 24:47 – What it’s like to be a gay couple in Tbilisi Georgia
- 30:21 – Difference between Americans and other Nationality
- 36:05 – Gay prejudice and consciousness in Georgia
- 43:28 – “Experiences are worth so much more than things.” - Brent and Michael
- 44:04 – The things they gave up in order to gain
- 49:00 – The benefit of taking risks
- 54:19 – How writing help them finance their travels
- 58:57 – “Our story isn’t when we left two years ago; it’s everything that led up to it.” - Brent and Michael
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends!