Nate Hake is a Travel Blogger and Digital Nomad who promotes emerging travel destinations around the world through his travel blog, Travel Lemming, in order to combat Over Tourism. He is also an attorney, an entrepreneur, and the co-founder of a B2B software startup. He was able to visit 43 countries in a single year and is still traveling around the world.
On this episode, Nate talks about the rising problem of Over Tourism on popular tourist destinations and some solutions to counter this tourist concern. With the Emerging Destination Awards, he reveals some of the amazing places in the world that are as breathtaking, or even more, as the common tourist destinations we see and hear on the media.
Listen to episode 231 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 231 Show Notes
- Travel Lifestyle Course
- Emerging Destinations - Here are last year's awards
- Pruvo Hotel Hack
- 04:14 – Does Over Tourism constitute a problem?
- 05:47 – “The part of the problem is that tourists have this tendency to always go to same places” - @TravelLemming
- 05:55 – What drives Over Tourism?
- 07:35 – The purpose of Emerging Destination Awards
- 08:16 – “If people start realizing that there are other places to go to, that has to be a big part of the solution” - @TravelLemming
- 08:40 – Unknown places with beautiful tourist spots
- 12:42 – Are digital nomads part of the over tourism problem?
- 16:26 – Disadvantages of short-term tourists
- 21:48 – Big winners of the Emerging Destination Awards
- 25:55 – Impact of locals to tourism
- 31:34 – Congestion caused by Cruise Ships
- 40:08 – Upside of making side trips
- 43:19 – Upcoming digital nomad destinations
- 54:28 – Business behind travel blogging
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends!