On this episode, Calvin shares his extraordinary experience in a last-minute trip to Egypt which fueled his passion for travel. He also shares how he was able to manage medical school while traveling a lot. This full-packed episode where he reveals tips and tricks on how to start your travel journey, cut down expenses, and choose the countries to visit.
Listen to episode 230 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 230 Show Notes
- 03:39 – “I count traveling as doing it for yourself, not for other people.” – Calvin Sun
- 04:10 – $650 round trip flight to Egypt
- 14:25 – First steps to take when planning your travels
- 20:40 – “You actually see your life from a bird’s eye view when you travel.” – Calvin Sun
- 23:07 – Balancing medical school and travel
- 33:28 – How he was able to finance his travels
- 42:12 – Choosing the countries to travel into
- 50:05 – People’s excuses not to travel
- 59:04 – How he feels being on the plane a lot
- 1:04:17 – Recommendations to stay connected while traveling
- 1:07:37 – Tips in saving money during trips
- 1:10:20 – “It makes a huge difference in your travel experience if you’re unplugged.” – Calvin Sun
- 1:12:38 – What does Monsoon Diaries do?
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends!