During this episode, Alexandra and Johnny FD will share their lessons learned during Vipassana, a 10 Day Silent Meditation. Learn the benefits to silent meditation, mental and physical preparations, daily routines, and unique eating rituals. You’ll even hear about they broke many of the mandatory rules. Listen to the end to find out if this retreat is right for you!
Listen to episode 224 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 224 Show Notes
- 00:45 - Falling in love with Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 00:47 - “Chiang Mai, Thailand: I just fell in love with the city” - Alexandra Kozma
- 03:50 - Mentally and physically preparing for your 10-day silent meditation
- 12:42 - The benefits to a silent meditation
- 22:49 - Daily routine and waking up at 4 am
- 30:44 - “Sometimes it’s good to let others decide for us or not just not think that much” - Alexandra Kozma
- 30:48 - Building a routine that benefits your life
- 35:55 - Practicing traditional and walking meditation + yoga
- 43:14 - Adapting to the new eating rituals
- 56:31 - Breaking a bunch of the mandatory rules
- 1:05:21 - “The goal is to not to ever think about anything but to know how to control it” - Alexandra Kozma
- 1:10:53 - Sharing lessons learned on the last day of the retreat
- 1:17:38 - Mediating for the first time ever
- 1:26:05 - Is the Vipassana - 10 Day Silent Meditation right for you?
Enjoy this episode? Share it with friends!