Sergio Sala is a Mexican digital nomad, YouTuber, and writer who has travelled to more than 40 countries, all while sharing his vision on YouTube about independent work and living anywhere on a weekly basis. His goal is for you to get inspired to work online, organize your life and become a citizen of the world!
During the episode, Sergio and Johnny talk about the pros and cons of staying in Mexico as a digital nomad and how it differs from other nomad destinations in terms of living expenses, transportation, food, language, and safety. They also reveal exciting details about Playa del Carman that will help you plan for your next trip.
Listen to episode 235 on iTunes, or your favorite podcast app on your phone.
Episode 235 Show Notes
- 01:37 – The attitude and culture of Mexican people
- 04:29 – “We’re trying to make everyone have a great experience; that is what Mexican culture is all about.” – Sergio Sala
- 06:31 – Where do Mexican digital nomads travel to?
- 07:08 – How Mexican food in other countries taste like
- 13:45 – Why you should visit Playa del Carmen?
- 21:21 – Keeping up with the Spanish language
- 24:22 – Living expenses amongst Mexico, Thailand, and Georgia
- 33:42 – VISA problem
- 36:15 – Is Mexico a safe place for digital nomads?
- 51:09 – Sergio’s background and travel journey
- 52:26 – “I realized I just needed a laptop to be anywhere and said ‘let’s travel’!” – Sergio Sala
- 57:15 – “There are a lot of places I want to see” – Sergio Sala
- 1:01:12 – Insights on Co-living spaces and long-term stay
- 1:08:13 – Overall review of Playa del Carmen
- 1:11:13 – “You cannot remove fear; you just have to make it your ally.” – Sergio Sala
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with friends!